As per the directive from the Premier, parents will no longer be able to come on site to deliver their children to the classroom door. We ask that parents of Kindy and Pre-primary children deliver them to the outer gate near Room 9, where a school staff member will be available to greet them. Parents of children in Years One to Six are to deliver students to the pedestrian gate at the front of the school and students are to move directly to Waddy Hall. If parents wish to enter the school grounds, we ask that they first make an appointment to do so. All other school gates will remain closed at this point in time. We have always enjoyed a more relaxed approach to parent interactions and look forward to these restrictions being lifted in the future.
As per the directive from the Premier, our playgrounds will be opened and will be cleaned between uses. We have employed an additional cleaner to do this, as well as to clean other high-touch surfaces throughout the day. We now have ample soap and hand sanitiser, which continues to be available in all student bathrooms. Please also be advised that Breakfast Club is cancelled until further notice. Our drink fountains have been closed, therefore children attending school are required to bring their own drink bottle, which can be refilled throughout the day.
As has always been the case, if your child is unwell, we ask that you keep them at home until they are no longer presenting any symptoms.
Please CLICK HERE to view a letter to parents from the Chief Health Officer, regarding the safety of children in schools.
Adrian Keenan - Principal
Previously Communicated Information
- For any parents needing to collect their children from school, or deliver anything to them, parents are asked to come to the front office and the student will be brought to the office
- Students are being actively encouraged to stay out of each others' 'bubbles' (social distancing) both in the playground and the classroom
- Teachers are working to keep students apart in the classroom, wherever practical
- Year 1-6 classroom doors are remaining open at all times to avoid the need to touch door handles throughout the day - The Kindy/Pre-primary door is opened and closed by staff
- We have installed hand sanitiser stations in our outdoor areas (in addition to those in the classrooms) and are ensuring the children use them prior to and after eating, as well as frequently throughout the day. We are working to maintain stock of hand sanitiser.
- We have soap and paper towel in all bathrooms, as well as hand sanitiser in all classrooms
- All whole-school events, assemblies, excursions, incursions and extra-curricular activities including homework club have been cancelled
- The vast majority of contact with outside agencies has been cancelled, either by the school or by the agencies
- We have developed a clear plan which is ready to be enacted should the school need to temporarily close as a result of a confirmed case of coronavirus with the school community - parents would be informed immediately and asked to collect their child from school